and at our house there has been…
18 games of Candy Land with Grandpa
candy and cookie-baking
surprises…and lots of “don’t come in here!”
lingering at the table after supper
singing with Grandma at the piano
focusing on the message of Christmas…with songs and readings and prayer
and today there is…
a slow morning
a fresh coating of snow to make the world clean
cutting and gluing and re-gluing
anticipation of a walk down by the river and The Nativity movie
…and… apparently, (the overuse of) ellipses…
and in the words of Eugene from Adventures in Odyssey…
- Seasonal -- Felicitations.
- To you and, if applicable, to yours.
- Seasonal Felicitations,
- To every his and likewise every hers. (Reverse that if you like)
- I hope that you can hear my greetings
- Above the raucous revelry of carolers.
- Oh, Seasonal Felicitations!
- To you and, if applicable, extend as well to yours.
- Seasonal Felicitations, Seasonal Felicitations!