1. I found an almond in the washer when I took out a load of clothes. Weird!
2. We didn't have any toilet paper in this house for about 24 hours. We just used newspaper. No, we didn't!
3. I'm getting glasses. I had an eye exam a couple weeks ago, but I couldn't make the very important decision about which frames I should get. Mark and the boys have been very helpful and patient as I have agonized over this very silly dilemma. I'm not proud of my vanity.
4. We haven't had a microwave since September. I loved having the extra counter-space, so I told Mark I didn't want to replace the broken one. But lots of times I wonder if I'll stick to that. Times when I have 3 different left-over meals to reheat for lunch. Times when every pan I own is used in ONE day on a regular day (Mark certainly questions my thinking since he is the official dishwasher at our house). Times when the kids ask for popcorn (I stink at making it on the stove the old-fashioned way). But last night I rediscovered the joy of a wrapped-in-foil-baked-in-the-oven potato. SO yummy!! I still think, however, that the cons outweigh the pros.
5. This morning when I went running in -2 degrees I was rethinking another decision--no gym membership this year. My frozen face was protesting!!
6. Joel wanted to play Nazi yesterday. Huh?? Oh, he meant Yahtzee!!!
7. I love the Herdmans!! We are reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever as a family for the 3rd year in a row.
8. Tuesday morning is grocery time for me and Joel. I remembered to buy toilet paper. Everyone is happy about that!!
9. When we were kids, we used to bug our parents by purposefully speaking the language (Melanisian pidgin) with a terrible accent like a lot of our adult American friends did. Now my kids speak awfully butchered French (to make fun of....me?). It doesn't bug me though. I think it's pretty funny.