I say things like this a lot: "Jack, did you know you are my favorite red-head?" and "Sam, you are my favorite 5th grader," and "Joel, did you know that you are my favorite little boy?".
So he really got a laugh out of me yesterday when he said, "Mom, did you know that I'm your favorite little boy?"
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Joel played on his bicycle for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday in a little space that Mark cleared for him
- The appearance of several kinds of birds
- The appearance of a few items (like Joel's little snow shovel) we left outside and were buried some 3 or 4 snow storms ago.
- The kids have (probably prematurely) traded in their big heavy winter coats for some lighter version.
- The days are longer.
- A few rare sightings of grass (mostly on the medians)
- Sam says flies have been buzzing around him and bugging him (hmmm??)
- Mark and I have both been out running this week.
- The plastic covering our drafty windows came down this week.
- The sidewalks are not only free of snow, they are dry.
- The general public is in better spirits, actually smiling, and sometimes even speaking as they pass each other on the street.